Friday, October 12

Friday, May 26, 2006

NOT READY TO MAKE NICEDixie ChicksForgive, sounds goodForget, I’m not sure I couldThey say time heals everythingBut I’m still waitingI’m through with doubtThere’s nothing left for me to figure outI’ve paid a priceAnd I’ll keep payingI’m not ready to make niceI’m not ready to back downI’m still mad as hell andI don’t have time to go round and round and roundIt’s too late to make it rightI probably wouldn’t if I could‘Cause I’m mad as hellCan’t bring myself to do what it is you think I shouldI know you saidCan’t you just get over itIt turned my whole world aroundAnd I kind of like itI made my bed and I sleep like a babyWith no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach herDaughter that she ought to hate a perfect strangerAnd how in the world can the words that I saidSend somebody so over the edgeThat they’d write me a letterSayin’ that I better shut up and singOr my life will be overI’m not ready to make niceI’m not ready to back downI’m still mad as hell andI don’t have time to go round and round and roundIt’s too late to make it rightI probably wouldn’t ifI could‘Cause I’m mad as hellCan’t bring myself to do what it is you think I shouldForgive, sounds goodForget, I’m not sure I couldThey say time heals everythingBut I’m still waiting
Posted by Veronica at 11:17 AM 0 comments

"It is a moment that millions of families have been hoping for. This is the moment that millions of people have been working for," he said Thursday in an address to a joint session of the California Legislature. "Today's historic vote is a monumental step forward, but we recognize that there is more debate ahead."
This were Fox words, after approving the new law to make 11-12 million of ilegal inmigrants part of the US as legal americans.
Good for them. Bad for us the legal temporary workers.
Doubs, questions: lareinoso@yahoo.com.mx
Posted by Veronica at 9:32 AM 0 comments
Monday, May 15, 2006


Bush Inmigration laws
Hoy vi a traves de www.cnn.com el speech del presidente de United States con respecto al tema de inmigracion que sufre el pais.
Basicamente sus 5 puntos se reducen a 2:
-Detener la inmigracion asegurando "los borders", y
-A los "buenos" inmigrantes ilegales que viven aqui, pagar un "fee" por violacion de los derechos de la sociedad y otorgarles residencia.
Mi pregunta es la siguiente: Y nosotros?!?!
Que pasa con los 33,000 de nosotros que tenemos VISA DE TRABAJO; que venimos de todo el mundo; que tienen un titulo universitario y trabajos de especialidad con empresas reconocidas de Estados Unidos? Nosotros, los que pagamos el triple de taxes que cualquier inmigrante ilegal y que, para cambiar de trabajo tenemos que renovar la visa, y que no tenemos mas de 10 dias para poder conseguir otro empleo en algun caso desafortunado que nos hubiesen despedido?
Que paso con nosotros? Los que pagamos $3,210 dollares por una transferencia de visa cada vez que se nos aumente el sueldo, seamos promovidos o nos cambiemos de empresa? Que solo podemos trabajar en esta visa por 6 anos y luegos nos botan como el perro de aqui?
Yo sinceramente no entiendo. Asi como los inmigrantes ilegales que vinieron aqui con el sueno de ganar mejor y tener un mejor futuro, asi estamos los 33,000 agraciados que nos otorgaron una visa. Muchos de nosotros tendran el mismo sueno que nos inmigrantes ilegales, pero como lo he visto en carne propia eso a este gobierno no le interesa.
He visto amigos en pleno proceso de sacar su residencia con su empresa y despedidos de sus empresas y no hay nada que se pueda hacer, se regresan a sus paises de origen. O, cuando la empresa que te patrocina decide no pagar todos los fee's, entonces tu pagas la mitad y para cuando los 6 anos pasan, le has regalado a "uncle Sam" mas de 10,000 dollares en transferencias de visa (si no es mas).
Que pasa con nostros? Que por el motivo que sea ya no podemos/queremos regresar a nuestros paises de origen porque no hay nada mas que hacer alla, porque no hay oportunidades o igualdad o corrupcion o simplemente ignorancia?
Entonces tal vez, sera mejor trabajar de ilegal en este pais por 10 anos y esperar a pagar una penalidad de 10,000 dollares para poderte volver citizen.
Que ley mas estupida!
dudas, comentarios
lareinoso@yahoo.com.mx
Posted by Veronica at 7:04 PM 0 comments

dudas, comentarios
lareinoso@yahoo.com.mx

No comments: